The shallow side

Okay, I'll be the first to admit it....I have not been a very deep thinker lately. For the past year of my life, I have spent endless hours in deep thought. With the constant worry that came along with McKaylee's chemotherapy treatments, endless blood transfusions and constant sickness, I spent a lot of time thinking about a lot of things. But since we have come back home, I have noticed that my deep-thinking days are few and far between. My days are spent corralling two insanely energetic children while trying to balance all my other duties as a "house wife". And as busy and stressful as it might be, I secretly think it is awesome because it is so normal!
My deepest and most worrisome thought today was whether or not I was going to have time to grab some milk from the store. Yes....I am serious, I consider that a deep thought at this point. And as much as I would really love to catch up on our errands, mop my floors and scrub out my bathtub, we've been busy doing other things. My sweet girl got her central line pulled out a few weeks ago and it was replaced by a port under her skin. And because of this, now my precious little Chunky Monkey can swim, jump through a sprinkler, spill juice down the front of her shirt and get completely wet and dirty without the need for an immediate intervention also known as a bandage change. So, needless to say, we've been avoiding deep thinking lately and have been content to stay a little more on the "shallow" side.

Comments

Popular Posts