Thursday, July 9, 2009

The shallow side

Okay, I'll be the first to admit it....I have not been a very deep thinker lately. For the past year of my life, I have spent endless hours in deep thought. With the constant worry that came along with Chunks' chemotherapy treatments, endless blood transfusions and constant sickness, I spent a lot of time thinking about a lot of things. But since we have come back home, I have noticed that my deep-thinking days are few and far between. My days are spent corralling two insanely energetic children while trying to balance all my other duties as a "house wife". And as busy and stressful as it might be, I secretly think it is awesome because it is so normal!
My deepest and most worrisome thought today was whether or not I was going to have time to grab some milk from the store. Yes....I am serious, I consider that a deep thought at this point. And as much as I would really love to catch up on our errands, mop my floors and scrub out my bathtub, we've been busy doing other things. My little Chunks-a-lot got her central line pulled out a few weeks ago and it was replaced by a port under her skin. And because of this, now my precious little Chunky Monkey can swim, jump through a sprinkler, spill juice down the front of her shirt and get completely wet and dirty without the need for an immediate intervention also known as a bandage change. So, needless to say, we've been avoiding deep thinking lately and have been content to stay a little more on the "shallow" side.

No comments: