A sweet Chunk

My sweet McKaylee has recently discovered something wonderful.......cake. As much macaroni and cheese, noodles with butter and bread-products that she eats, you wouldn't really think she has the need for too many more calories in her diet. But nonetheless, she wakes up in the morning, sometimes asking for grits and other times asking for a piece of cake. Not that I would ever give it to her at 6 in the morning, I am not that crazy of a mother, I at least make her wait until 8:30 or 9am. I am kidding, of course. But anytime we set foot in Walmart, I have to steer clear of the bakery section unless I am prepared to be jumped by a crazy toddler wanting her sweets. The other day, my mom was with us at the store and McKaylee got her eye on a container of mini blueberry muffins and got so excited about them that she almost jumped out of her grandmother's arms! The strange part about all of this is that she wouldn't even eat sweets until about a month ago. I'm not sure what has happened to suddenly make her crave the yummy goodness of anything and everything with sugar, but I must admit that I think it is cute. And with each dimple that is added to her sweet thighs and every chunk that starts to creep up in her cheeks, I sometimes start to think that I just might have created an issue here. But then I look at this face.....
completely stuffed with cake, and this face....overwhelmed by the indulgences of another cupcake and I think--- cancer, chemotherapy, months of pain and sickness, brain surgeries, MRI's, constant medications.........obsessed with cake? Well, we can fight that one another day.

Comments

Popular Posts